We are looking to expand our marketplace and analytics team, and are looking for people who are absolutely excited by the idea of working for the largest local startup in Pakistan, looking to solve complex marketplace problems at scale.
Therefore, you must absolutely love story-telling through data, asking the right questions yourself, working without prompts, and developing insights for others to digest easily. Data visualization, probing and digging deep into data, and highlighting opportunities that are not immediately apparent are all things you will be expected to do. Additionally, you will be tasked to ensure marketplace health, drive pricing initiatives, provide product funnel feedback, manage customer lifetime value, and develop an understanding of all our stakeholders to drive decisions.
- Define, instrument and maintain new and existing business critical metrics, using SQL queries and beyond
- Drive marketplace decisions: pricing, supply/demand balancing, customer subsidies, strategic marketplace shifts
- Develop an understanding of our customers, partner-drivers and vendors to drive engagement, product recommendations and business decisions
- Run experiments and develop dashboards and data visualizations for cross-functional data driven decision-making
- Answer complex business questions via ad-hoc SQL queries and visualization to advocate for better marketplace management
- Integrate insights from different sources of data to develop a holistic market and consumer understanding that is actionable and impactful for category and brand strategy
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to the data engineering team; collaborate on building / maintaining ETLs, pipelines and automations to ensure we can understand and act on business performance accurately, scalably, with low latency, and minimal manual upkeep
- Provides strategic communications advice and guidance on stakeholder interaction across the organisation to ensure that internal and external
relations are co-ordinated and managed appropriately.
- Manages internal communications in line with strategic objectives, business transformation programmes, and key organisational initiatives.
Who we are looking for:
- Degree in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analytics or related field
- 3 to 4 years of relevant post-education work experience in analytics, business intelligence, market research or related field
- Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports
- Experience using advanced SQL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, big data, complex datasets
- Experience with statistical modeling and analyzing large data sets
- Preferred experience in python, R, data visualization tools and automation
- NOT looking for people who cannot identify what available data cannot answer, and people who do not value the qualitative understanding of external factors