DevOps Engineer at Bykea, works with developers and the IT staff to oversee the code releases. They are either developers who get interested in deployment and network operations, who have a passion for scripting and coding and move into the development side where they can improve the planning of tests and deployment.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps (Development and Operations) professional to join our growing organization. In this position, you will manage infrastructure projects and processes. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential.
Job Role - This position will be tasked with these main objectives:
1.The goal of DevOps is to improve collaboration across the value stream by developing and automating a continuous delivery pipeline.
2. Strong understanding of the AWS ecosystem with experience handling & creating large scale, cloud environments.
3. Strong skills of automation and DevOps toolchain is must (Dockers, CodePipeline, Codebuild, CodeDeploy, ECS, Ansible, Kubernetes etc).
4. Experience with Linux .
5. Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) automation pipelines is required.
6. Basic understanding of version controlling systems such as Git.
7. Skilled in Agile development methodology.
8. Excellent communication skills, both in written and in verbal form.
9. Develop and implement environments for quality assurance, development, etc.
10. Deploy and Support applications on cloud environments.
11. Setup and configure Windows & Linux based systems.
12. Develop and improve Continuous Integration and Application Lifecycle Management processes
13. Develop formal procedures for system installation, maintenance, and training purposes.
13. Build and maintain the infrastructure that is secure, reliable, scalable, and automated.
15. Responsible for infrastructure security
Requirements - What you roughly look like as a professional:
1. Strong 5+ years hands-on experience in Linux and Cloud server etc
2. The ability and eagerness to learn. With tools and applications ever changing, quick and willing learners are able to adapt, grow, and apply their other skills according to the needs of an organization
3. Track record of improving efficiency, especially through automation, balancing short-term and long-term priorities
4. Have significant experience and willingness to work with other teams such as engineering, product and release teams
5. Constantly thinking ahead, and building for future changes as per the needs of an organization needs
6. Experience of prioritizing and coordinating work across a large number of product teams is a plus
7. Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
8. Any relevant certification to DevOps role will be preferable
9. At least computer science or relevant background graduate is eligible
1. Familiarity with Ubuntu, CentOS etc
2. Have worked on Jenkins, Ansible and have a very good understanding of and ability to troubleshoot (plus points for mobile experience)
3. Strong Kubernetes, ansible and DockersSolid , data structures understanding, and proficiency in at least one programming language
1. Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities and work independently with minimal to no supervision
2. Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and / or visual means