Bykea’s mission is to bring improvements in movement of people, packages and payments in Pakistan and to do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can do business independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s change Pakistan together.
Position Specific Overview:
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Bykea, you will design and develop high-performing and reliable applications used by millions of users every month. You will have an outstanding opportunity to build a premier and first of its kind support experience for our users. We have a high bar for quality & efficiency - you will collaborate closely with Product Managers and Business Operations teams to build the product that our customers and partner will love by building a solution that will provide rich customer experiences. The team is focused on high business impact, where every product or feature we ship is measured and tracked with cost savings and/or efficiency improvement.
Job Role - This position will be tasked with these main objectives:
- Build highly-reliable and scalable web applications
- Work with Product and Design professionals to define, document, build, and maintain web applications.
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis without losing sight of the humans who use and benefit from the software you build.
- Help define and apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle to support the work of your teammates and stakeholders.
Requirements - What you roughly look like as a professional:
Experience & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of software engineering industry experience in backend and frontend development. There is no particular upper limit on the years of experience. We are trying to fill positions at various levels
- Demonstrated experience of shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Experience implementing complex projects with multiple dependencies
- Experience in shipping products with millions of monthly user interactions
- Experience working with design systems (e.g. Bootstrap, Salesforce Lightning, GitHub Primer).
- Experience in distributed systems and working with databases, relational or NoSQL.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs, design patterns, message buses, event streams and authorization mechanisms.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities and work independently with minimal to no supervision
- Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and / or visual means
- Must be a team player with good communication skills, attention to detail and humility
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Karachi